Tuesday 9 May 2017

Evaluation Q6: What have you learnt about technologies from the process of constructing the product?

Throughout creating the product I have learnt several things about the technologies required in the process and the methods to use to utilise them.

Recording
Throughout the construction process I was expected to record the work I had done, through doing this I had learnt about several other technologies.

One of the technologies that I had learnt about was Blogger. I have used Blogger for the entirety of the process before beginning to construct my opening sequence however, it proved to be most useful in recording the progress that I'd made whilst filming and editing. examples of my use of the technology to record the construction are present on the rest of my blog (Evidence of filming and editing).

Another technology that I had learnt about during the process of constructing my sequence is Survey Monkey. This application allowed me to easily acquire the data needed for my audience feedback. Through the use of the website I was able create and share a customised survey. After being sent a sufficient amount of responses, I was then able to analyse the results to find the best ways in which I could improve my sequence for my audience.

Editing
While editing my opening sequence I used Serif MoviePlus X6. This is a software that I had previously known of and thus chose to use it to construct my sequence.

During the editing process I had learnt ways in which I can manipulate the footage to make it appear either more or less stabilised for effect. I had used a mask in editing to make the panning or other moving shots in the sequence appear more stable which then created a smoother movement compared. By using this it helped me create the opening sequence while maintaining the desired effect of each specific shot as opposed to drawing the audience's attention to, what could have been, the dodgy ca
mera movements.

Also in the editing software I had learnt how to resize footage to fit a specific aspect ratio. This meant that footage could be added into the 16:9 ratio making the sequence fit the screen in full screen viewing. This helped during the process as it allowed me to create an opening sequence that looked more professional as opposed to looking more like an old home-video, which would have a more square looking ratio.



No comments:

Post a Comment